How does your community look at covid-19?

Search

Rx Senior
Tokens
I fully understand the low death rate and overreacting of infected people.

But do you care if you or your family get it?

Personally I'm very afraid of it. Not cause of my death expectations (admittedly even at 1% I rather not pull the trigger on the 1/100 russian roulette if not needed)....

But im afraid of

1) spreading it to others (parents/coworkers included)
2) how others look at me. Had a few scares and exposures in my office. I see everyone looks at them differently after. If someone was confirmed, I'm afraid they would be socially condemned.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
In Connecticut, it varies from county to county. In Fairfield county, closet to NYC with a lot of commuters, they tend to practice a lot more social distancing. In my town, we wear masks when we're supposed to, but that's about it. We interact with others and get out of our homes a lot more.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
I'm not concerned about me catching it, any more than I am about catching anything else, and I don't get sick.

For three months I've been saying we need to protect the vulnerable, and we do. I avoid elderly people, we can't visit my wife's parents unless we social distance. Otherwise we can and do live. Save for the fact some stuff is still closed

Tokens

Personally I'm very afraid of it. Not cause of my death expectations (admittedly even at 1% I rather not pull the trigger on the 1/100 russian roulette if not needed)....

But im afraid of

2) how others look at me. Had a few scares and exposures in my office. I see everyone looks at them differently after. If someone was confirmed, I'm afraid they would be socially condemned.

But this isn't about you or me or any other individual idiot. Its about society as a whole and jobs and businesses and schools that need to function. Let me help you make this better for you. Here are some pointers.
1- Stop being a chickenshit. The death rate is not 1%. Its not .1%. Its more like 0.001%. You have a better chance of winning the lottery. You have a better chance of dying of one of the million other things that can kill you. So grow a pair.
2- This was the word about the virus at the start. Stay 6 feet away and don't cough or sneeze on someone. Fair enough I've done that for over 3 months. No mask. That was only added later by commie libs who seem to be making this a moving target for political gain. I've been out every single day since March 15 and its worked like a charm. So I am living proof you don't need a chickenshit mask. I only wear it when the store mandates it and then I own a shield which I actually kind of like.
3- Do I care if my family gets it? Not even close. I have a 13 year old healthy as a horse who could shake it off without a problem. My wife is in the same boat. I don't hang out with old people and if you are old and vulnerable stay home if you are afraid. I know 2 people at the church across the street who got it. Both shook it off like any other common flu.
4- You have to understand an important point. People are idiots. So stop caring how they look at you. F them. Go about your life and business to the best of your ability and if people get a flu thats life. We have had a million different flus and we catch a half dozen of them every flu season.
5- I want to share our states numbers. 1200+ dead DUE TO COMPLICATIONS OF corona. 900+ are long term hospice. What does that leave running around the state? And how many millions are in our state? The average age of people dying in our state is 83. 80 FUCKIN 3! Do you now see how impossible it is for you to get or spread it?
6- The communist state has brainwashed sheep like you to the point of overreacted paranoia. You live in fear. You're better than that. Shake this shit off and be a man cuz when your number is up its up you don't really have a say in it.

I've got endless amount of more pointers for you but lets start with these and see how it goes for you.

Tokens

But im afraid of

I'm 100% with ya.

I'd feel HORRIBLE if i give this to my parents
I also need to go into an office to work. Cant work from home. Taking 2 weeks off would HURT

Tokens
I'm 100% with ya.

I'd feel HORRIBLE if i give this to my parents
I also need to go into an office to work. Cant work from home. Taking 2 weeks off would HURT

You again. Quit your crying and take my advice outlined above. Be a man.

Tokens
But this isn't about you or me or any other individual idiot. Its about society as a whole and jobs and businesses and schools that need to function. Let me help you make this better for you. Here are some pointers.
1- Stop being a chickenshit. The death rate is not 1%. Its not .1%. Its more like 0.001%. You have a better chance of winning the lottery. You have a better chance of dying of one of the million other things that can kill you. So grow a pair.
2- This was the word about the virus at the start. Stay 6 feet away and don't cough or sneeze on someone. Fair enough I've done that for over 3 months. No mask. That was only added later by commie libs who seem to be making this a moving target for political gain. I've been out every single day since March 15 and its worked like a charm. So I am living proof you don't need a chickenshit mask. I only wear it when the store mandates it and then I own a shield which I actually kind of like.
3- Do I care if my family gets it? Not even close. I have a 13 year old healthy as a horse who could shake it off without a problem. My wife is in the same boat. I don't hang out with old people and if you are old and vulnerable stay home if you are afraid. I know 2 people at the church across the street who got it. Both shook it off like any other common flu.
4- You have to understand an important point. People are idiots. So stop caring how they look at you. F them. Go about your life and business to the best of your ability and if people get a flu thats life. We have had a million different flus and we catch a half dozen of them every flu season.
5- I want to share our states numbers. 1200+ dead DUE TO COMPLICATIONS OF corona. 900+ are long term hospice. What does that leave running around the state? And how many millions are in our state? The average age of people dying in our state is 83. 80 FUCKIN 3! Do you now see how impossible it is for you to get or spread it?
6- The communist state has brainwashed sheep like you to the point of overreacted paranoia. You live in fear. You're better than that. Shake this shit off and be a man cuz when your number is up its up you don't really have a say in it.

I've got endless amount of more pointers for you but lets start with these and see how it goes for you.

Is your 13 year old going to be going back to school in August for 5 days AT school?
Does your 13 year old have after school/weekend activities that have been cancelled postponed?
What was your 13 year old going to do this summer before corona hit? What is your 13 year old doing now?

Its not 100% about dying. Its getting back to a "normal" life. The more cases of corona, the SLOWER we get back to life.

I'd rather rip off a bandaid 1 time then go peace by peace.

Problem is (like everything else) this country is split on how they want to handle corona.

Half want to be like me and i think you are wrong
Half want to be like you and think I am wrong

Tokens
Up in northern Baltimore County we have had zero cases I believe so people are pretty lax. My family and anyone who will listen around me are on an anti viral protocol consisting of heavy lauric acid (monolaurin) garlic supplements (good for keeping the mosquitoes from biting too), vitamin D (most people are deficient without knowing it) and a little bit of zinc. That with washing hands, don't be a complete dumbass in social settings, eat decent, get out in the sun, little bit of exercise makes it very difficult for the Covid-19 virus to find a viable human host.

Tokens
Is your 13 year old going to be going back to school in August for 5 days AT school?
Does your 13 year old have after school/weekend activities that have been cancelled postponed?
What was your 13 year old going to do this summer before corona hit? What is your 13 year old doing now?

Its not 100% about dying. Its getting back to a "normal" life. The more cases of corona, the SLOWER we get back to life.

I'd rather rip off a bandaid 1 time then go peace by peace.

Problem is (like everything else) this country is split on how they want to handle corona.

Half want to be like me and i think you are wrong
Half want to be like you and think I am wrong

Thats a lot of personal questions which I am usually not one to share. But because of what she is going through is the most ridiculous of all of this corona hoax nonsense I will answer the questions.
Nobody knows about the fall. They plan to be in the building. They fuckin better be after what I had to do.
Luckily my kids sports she plays are fall winter and not spring. But those spring sports got cancelled.
My kid had camps scheduled. The chickenshit state forced them all to cancel. She hangs with her friends and has sleepovers for the most part.

My kids school closed March 15 forcing me to become a school from home teacher instead of looking for a job. You want to try to motivate and teach your own 13 year old? Try it sometime. Was it constitutional? I seriously doubt it. You think I liked being a home teacher for free and not able to look for a job? The only good from it is that my former work is still paying me full salary so I don't run my mouth in social media about how they replaced me with offshore so they could cut my larger salary and benefits. Enough of me

Here is the problem with your thinking. It is 100% about dying. Without dying its just another flu for us to get over. I've had some bad ass flus in my life. I called 911 once. They took me in I puked my guts out for about 3 hours they said get a cab and get your ass home. I laid in bed for 2 days straight. Is corona hoax any worse? I seriously doubt it.

Cases of the corona hoax are meaningless. Actually the faster its spreads by just going out and living the faster it will be gone. But the commie left isn't about to let that happen. They are in the process of rigging the election and they will use this hoax to scare sheep like you so they can prolong it.

Tokens
Thats a lot of personal questions which I am usually not one to share. But because of what she is going through is the most ridiculous of all of this corona hoax nonsense I will answer the questions.
Nobody knows about the fall. They plan to be in the building. They fuckin better be after what I had to do.
Luckily my kids sports she plays are fall winter and not spring. But those spring sports got cancelled.
My kid had camps scheduled. The chickenshit state forced them all to cancel. She hangs with her friends and has sleepovers for the most part.

My kids school closed March 15 forcing me to become a school from home teacher instead of looking for a job. You want to try to motivate and teach your own 13 year old? Try it sometime. Was it constitutional? I seriously doubt it. You think I liked being a home teacher for free and not able to look for a job? The only good from it is that my former work is still paying me full salary so I don't run my mouth in social media about how they replaced me with offshore so they could cut my larger salary and benefits. Enough of me

Here is the problem with your thinking. It is 100% about dying. Without dying its just another flu for us to get over. I've had some bad ass flus in my life. I called 911 once. They took me in I puked my guts out for about 3 hours they said get a cab and get your ass home. I laid in bed for 2 days straight. Is corona hoax any worse? I seriously doubt it.

Cases of the corona hoax are meaningless. Actually the faster its spreads by just going out and living the faster it will be gone. But the commie left isn't about to let that happen. They are in the process of rigging the election and they will use this hoax to scare sheep like you so they can prolong it.

Yes its a lot of personal questions but you DID mention that you have a 13 year old. Thats why i asked as i have kids myself.

Another reason i'm being over protective is so my kids can go back to having a "NORMAL" life.

I WANT them back to school 5 days a week. I WANT them playing sports in the fall. I WANT them having normal playdates again

THATS WHY I'M WEARING A FREAKING MASK AND WATCHING MYSELF

Tokens
Up in northern Baltimore County we have had zero cases I believe so people are pretty lax. My family and anyone who will listen around me are on an anti viral protocol consisting of heavy lauric acid (monolaurin) garlic supplements (good for keeping the mosquitoes from biting too), vitamin D (most people are deficient without knowing it) and a little bit of zinc. That with washing hands, don't be a complete dumbass in social settings, eat decent, get out in the sun, little bit of exercise makes it very difficult for the Covid-19 virus to find a viable human host.

This is the kind of thinking that works best. In a perfect world in the USA they would drop all the chickenshit corona hoax rules and let people protect themselves how they see fit. Would it work? Hell ya! I am living proof. If they dropped all the rules I would still do things like distancing. If the place didn't have distancing i would wear my face shield. You as a free american should have the decision to protect yourself as you see fit. Thats what freedom is all about. I love the sheep who worry they will give it to someone. How can you give it to someone who is protecting themselves? You can't. If they are not protecting themselves thats their own decision.

Tokens
I live in a fairly small town and no one wears masks unless it's required. My kids have friends over for pool parties, I shake hands with people, I hug people, we have gatherings of more than 10. One thing I've gotten quite used to is food shopping online and having other people go get it and bring it to me. That's not going to change once this pandemic ends!

Tokens
Yes its a lot of personal questions but you DID mention that you have a 13 year old. Thats why i asked as i have kids myself.

Another reason i'm being over protective is so my kids can go back to having a "NORMAL" life.

I WANT them back to school 5 days a week. I WANT them playing sports in the fall. I WANT them having normal playdates again

THATS WHY I'M WEARING A FREAKING MASK AND WATCHING MYSELF

What you are doing isn't going to matter. I can drive 10 miles north to a smaller city and there are no masks, no distance markers, and all the shops in their big mall are open. Cities are doing the way they want to there are no consistent rules there really never were. Wisconsin tossed their governors rules and opened. Look at them. Their numbers are actually going down. Explain that. Schools can open in the fall but will the commie left let them?

Life's a bitch, then you die!
Tokens

Bravo! I've felt the exact same way since day 1. This virus is no different than any other virus
we've encountered. It kills the already compromised, makes some people sick and others not.

If someone is willing to lessen their quality of life out of fear that's their choice. I myself am not.

Rx Senior
Tokens
The cases here have been good....at our peak when everything shut down...we were getting only 30-40 cases a day (out of 1.5M people). So there is very little cases. The cases dropped severely because of the lockdowns and masks.

We opened up a few weeks ago and numbers have gone up 4-5x what it was before opening up. It is still ridiculously low so i'm not as concerned. But the state is very concerned and in turn the fear goes to the residents.

And in turn, I don't want to catch it and be treated differently. I see people treated differently when infected.

great time to live in a small town. If you have no cases there is no real need for any restrictions at all

Rx Senior
Tokens
I live in a fairly small town and no one wears masks unless it's required. My kids have friends over for pool parties, I shake hands with people, I hug people, we have gatherings of more than 10. One thing I've gotten quite used to is food shopping online and having other people go get it and bring it to me. That's not going to change once this pandemic ends!

good to hear!

Rx Senior
Tokens

Calm down buddy. The funny thing is when a mass majority is divided as much as we are on this, there is usually no clear cut answer. Everyone has their own agenda, everyone has their own risk tolerance, and everyone has their own situation.

The smarter people believe what they do but have the ability to see both sides of an argument and empathize with the other. It makes for more productive conversations instead of verbal attacks.

just sayin'

Rx Senior
Tokens
people have different situations. We aren't all as healthy and fit as rush_man and his wife and kid.

Some people are old. (stay home?)
some people have underlying conditions (stay home?)
what if these people work? (fire them?)
what if they own businesses (close the business?)
some families use their grandparents as babysitters (this is me. So I expose myself frequently and risk their lives? I quit my job? What's the answer?)
some families are healthy and have elderly people living with them. (So the entire house quarantines cause of the old guy?)
schools close (who watches kids?)
open schools? (what if teachers are older....who teaches them?)

There are endelss amounts of situations....it's not as simple as one person's beliefs

Tokens
Business as usual for now. Prob change since it’s “Sky is falling part II” now

Life's a bitch, then you die!
Tokens
people have different situations. We aren't all as healthy and fit as rush_man and his wife and kid.

Some people are old. (stay home?)
some people have underlying conditions (stay home?)
what if these people work? (fire them?)
what if they own businesses (close the business?)
some families use their grandparents as babysitters (this is me. So I expose myself frequently and risk their lives? I quit my job? What's the answer?)
some families are healthy and have elderly people living with them. (So the entire house quarantines cause of the old guy?)
schools close (who watches kids?)
open schools? (what if teachers are older....who teaches them?)

There are endelss amounts of situations....it's not as simple as one person's beliefs
I qualify for your first two situations. 73 and cancer.

I have never considered taking any precautions whatsoever.
And so far I haven't had any repercussions.

Am I just lucky? Maybe or just maybe this has been blown out of proportion?

I see it as the same as the common flu and I've had the flu maybe twice.

To each his own but I go by the beat of my own drum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surekhatech
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com